Saturday, October 27, 2007

To be completely honest, it is

really nice to have completed that essay. I think when you do something that you are proud of then it is a lot easier to wash it out of your mind after the fact. This does not mean forget it completely, just not let it consume your thoughts. It has been a great week. I love this weather. It is kind of weird because as you are in your car with the heat on, you look out at the sun shining bright and attribute the warmth you are feeling to the sun. It feels like summer again, if only for a moment. You are suddenly jerked back into reality when you step out of the car and feel the sub-zero temerature. I guess sub-zero might be an exagerration, but cold. I am pretty sure I spelled that word wrong. I love the winter because when it is cold and gray outside, you feel a lot better about luzzing around your house. It also allows you to focus more of your time on your scholastics. Who says scholastics? I have no idea where that came from. My thoughts are scattered a bit, so I am going to stop writing now. Enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

The "I" Blog - Melissa said...

Yes, completing a piece of writing is always a good feeling - writing can be intense because it takes so much of one's mind, so much concentration.
The weather is definitely wonderful - October is lovely month! I love the Northwest in part because I think the 9 months of rain makes one more contemplative. When I lived in So. California for four years, I felt like my mind was in vacation mode all the time. I know people must be able to think there (Joan Didion's from CA, after all), but I, personally, think much better up here!
Cheers,
Melissa