Saturday, October 6, 2007

It is kind of a relief to do this weekly

because you write a little differently when you know you are not going to be graded. The most important thing that happened this week is that I hurt my back in a fight. It was not a malicious drunken fight, just my friend and I training. I am sure this will go way over most of the readers heads, but I was put in a triangle choke and tried to roll the wrong way to escape. Mistake. I have never broken a bone or been seriously hurt so the idea was foreign to me. However, I realized something; When you are in chronic pain, it dominates your mindset. Everything you do you have the afflicted spot on your mind. I guess you could say that it made me empathize more for those people who are in pain all of the time. I went out looking for love last night, and ended up settling for lust. It seems like all of the ladies I have interest in do not call me back. Maybe I should draft up a contract where the terms are a return phone call in the morning. I may do just that for the look on a lady's face when she is presented with it. All in all, it was a great week and tomorrow I head to Seattle to reunite with an old friend, at the Hilton. As my father used to always say, "Jake, you will soon realize that all roads lead to the Hilton." He really used to say that. In closing, I hate Paris Hilton.

1 comment:

The "I" Blog - Melissa said...

Hi Jake,
Yes, it is a relief to just freewrite, no grading worries -- sometimes that's the best kind of writing.
It is amazing, isn't it, how chronic physical pain can affect us so much? I was in a state of misery for about 4-5 months when I was carrying my second baby -- I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say, it was like having food poisoning or the 24-hour stomach flu for 4 straight months. I didn't become a more spiritual or more interesting person, I just became depressed and joyless -- and like you, I now have the deepest sympathy for sufferers of chronic pain. They are heroes in my book.
Melissa