Saturday, October 20, 2007

I missed my post last week

and I kind of felt bad about it. It is kind of inexcusable because all you are asked to do is go online and write to your hearts content. I went to a gathering of people called Barter Fair this weekend. The idea is that you are in the middle of nowhere, and everyone gets together and barters off the things which they do not need anymore. It was really refreshing because I have been thinking about my thesis for my essay a lot, and I noticed that at this festival, all different walks of life; Ages, races, income levels got together in Peace. It was pretty uplifting, and as an optimist I feel like we are moving in the right direction. The lovely honeymoon period of school has worn off and the work is becoming overwhelming again. But I guess if it was easy, wouldn't everyone have degrees? I guess that is about all. Besides one big highlight, it has actually been a fairly boring week. I am sick and I need to go get some rest. See you next week.

1 comment:

The "I" Blog - Melissa said...

The Barter Fair sounds really interesting! And yes, one thing I loved about my English major (and teaching writing now) is that I feel my thought life in general is richer - you take things away from the classroom, things that change your perspective about the people and world around you. Glad you are finding your thinking about your paper extends beyond the classroom, too.
See you Tuesday,
Melissa