Saturday, November 17, 2007

It has been a rough week

My car is broken. It is weird because I have been without a car before but when you become used to having a car it is terrible. I have to take it in to the dealership and they charge . . . 100 dollars per hour to work on it. That is a lot of money no matter who you are, much less a poor student. Enough about the bad things. I am driving (pending the repairs) to San Francisco on Tuesday. I am so excited to go because I have driven to California a lot and I always enjoy it. Although it takes a little longer I like to go down the Oregon Coast and see all of the quaint little beach towns. Although that is nice, the best part of the drive is the redwood forest. When you stand next to a colossal redwood tree you feel so insignificant. I have a tradition of eating the greatest calzone in the world in the secluded town of Miranda, CA., population 250. The last time I was there some stranger invited me to a house party. There were 50 people at the party which means that 1/5th of the town showed up. One more good thing about the drive is it gives me 24 cumulative hours to think and my mind will inevitably drift to my essay. I badly need some original ideas, as I was greatly disappointed in my rough draft. Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

The "I" Blog - Melissa said...

Sounds like a great trip, Jake! I love road trips - we've driven down to California and back quite a bit. Miranda sounds very cool - I love those "insignificant" little towns.
Melissa