Thursday, November 29, 2007

I am going to post this on Thursday

because I forgot to do it last weekend and it makes me feel guilty. It is such an easy assignment to do that I cannot make an exscuse for myself. So last week I drove to San Francisco to see my brother and I have had a difficult time adjusting to school. My brother has become increasingly spiritual over the past year and he bombarded me with one-sided three hour conversations. They led from Buddhism to Super String Theories to the creation of the universe, to etc. I felt very drained mentally after seeing him. I don't know if this seems like a cop out but I am not really that interested in where I will end up after death because I feel like it is just too far away to be a main focus in my life right now. I have always been prone to pay more attention to sensual topics over worldly topics. My brother is a very intelligent man, but when he loses a focal point to direct his energy towards, he goes off the deep end. I slept very little and felt the affects later on in the week. I missed some classes that I should not have and that always bothers me. It is Thursday and I finally feel back to normal. I hope that it snows today. I can't appreciate the cold weather without the snow, because without snow it is just plain old cold weather. To conclude I have a joke. "What did Lewis and Clark say when they came upon the Columbia?" . . . "Dam it!"

4 comments:

The "I" Blog - Melissa said...

Sounds like an interesting weekend though probably not what you had in mind. One-sided conversations are certainly exhausting - I know what that's like. : ) Does your brother have a definite idea or just lots of exploratory ideas?

And it snowed - not Thursday, but today. It's wonderful!

Like the joke. : )

kara said...

After reading your blog entries some of the things I noticed about you are that you seem to be very caring about the things around you, whether it be people or nature. You also seem to be very optimistic and have a refreshing love for life. Your blog also shows that you are proud of the work you do and care a lot about academics and your education.

Nobu said...

Hi Jake,
we met at downtown today,
I was right after getting a ticket at Mt.Beaker Theater.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.